Oregonians for Immigration Reform Press Release,
Join the patriotic crowd Saturday, June 27 from 3:00 – 5:00pm on the steps of the Oregon State Capitol.
Known as “America’s Toughest Sheriff” and the “Pink Underwear Sheriff”, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, of Maricopa County, Arizona will be in SALEM, OR – Saturday, June 27 and will be the keynote speaker at the rally!
Several state legislators, leaders and grassroots activists have been invited to speak, including OFIR’s President.
Arpaio has been profiled in over 4,000 national and foreign newspapers, magazines, and TV news programs. His leadership and the excellent work of his staff have catapulted the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office into the ranks of elite law enforcement agencies.
Invite your friends and bring your children. Bring along an American flag – large or small and a patriotic sign, if you can!
You won’t want to miss it! Let us know if you plan to attend. Drop by the OFIR booth and say hello!
To help offset costs of this event a special raffle will be held. $5 gets a door prize ticket for the cool and even collectible items described below (multiple tickets can be purchased).
1. A pair of Maricopa County’s PINK inmate shorts – signed by Sheriff Arpaio
2. Book written and signed by Sheriff Arpaio.
3. Sheriff Arpaio personal coin.
4. Book written and signed by Sheriff Arpaio
5. Private Dinner with Sheriff Arpaio at Representative & Mrs. Greg Barreto’s home in Keizer, OR.NOTE: While OFIR is a non-partisan, single issue organization, we appreciate the ORP’s focus on the immigration issue and the arrangements they have made to organize this rally and to bring Sheriff Arapio to SALEM!
WEATHER ADVISORY: The forecast for Saturday is for very hot weather, so please remember to bring hat, sunscreen, water bottle, fan, umbrella for shade, folding chair, or whatever you need to be comfortable in summer heat.