For all the naysayers who chimed in on my call for growing the Connections Academy on-line enrollment statewide to save energy and money, these facts might be of interest:
1. Twenty-six states now have statewide virtual schools.
2. Total enrollment nationwide in state-accredited on-line classes is over one million students.
3. One on-line school in Florida has over 54,000 students enrolled.
4. The on-line market for teaching school-age children is currently 300 million dollars a year and it is growing at a rate of 30% per year.
5. If current trends hold, over half of all high school classes will be conducted on-line by the year 2019.