From Bob Moore
This memo contains results of a telephone survey conducted for the Cornilles for Congress campaign, by Moore Information.
Interviews were conducted May 26-27, 2010 among a representative sample of 300 voters in Oregon C.D. One. The potential
sampling error for a sample of N=300 is plus or minus 6% at the 95% confidence level.
David Wu is vulnerable to a challenge from Rob Cornilles. Cornilles trails Wu only 40-46%, despite the fact that Wu is much
more well known.
– 43% are aware of Cornilles, and 17% are familiar enough with him to have an opinion (15% favorable, 2% unfavorable).
– 96% are aware of Wu and 50% have a favorable and 35% an unfavorable opinion of him.
– 44% believes Wu deserves reelection, while 43% prefer a new person and 13% are undecided.
Voters in District One are disenchanted with the status quo.
– 57% believe the country is off on the wrong track.
– President Obama’s performance numbers are not impressive, 50% approve, while 46% disapprove.
There is more good news, after hearing a series of messages about Cornilles and Wu, Cornilles moves into a 51-37%
lead over Wu.
Moore Information, Inc.