– Washington voters rejected a $18 billion transportation package funded by higher car fees
– Washington voters also supported the supermajority law for tax increases
– Virginia Republicans lost their majority over their Senate (since 1995) because the GOP lost their trust with voters after supporting continued tax increases by various Democrat governors.
– Mississippi Republicans, who led with fiscal conservatism, saw big gains including many statewide offices and the re-election of Haley Barbour as Governor.
– Indianapolis voters tossed out their mayor in part due to a property tax revolt over rising taxes.
– North Carolina saw multiple local real estate taxes being shot down.
Get Email Updates:
Catalyst Site Search