Restrictions Aimed at Improving Populations
Submitted November 8, 2007
“Managers of the birds and the beaches of Oregon are facing a predicament. A tiny shorebird that nests in the sands along the Pacific Ocean is being squeezed out of its habitat by predators and people, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is developing plans to keep the western snowy plover from becoming an endangered species.”
To read the rest of this article please visit: Snowy Plovers
On that note, let me just express how rediculous the environmental restrictions have become. Even though this article stresses that beaches will not be closing, the fact of the matter is, they are.
These regulations have been blown WAY out of proportion–to the point where local economies across the state are no longer able to free themselves from fiscal instability.
Obviously this issue has hit nerves with many, Soooo…to ease the unsettled mind… I recommend this fabulous recipe. Enjoy!
1 Spotted Owl
1 Marbled Murrelet
1-10 Snowy Plovers (as they are small and hardly filling)
2-3 c. of any vegetables you like
3 c. Rice or whatever
8 c. Water
2 cubes of Beef/Chicken Bullion
Lots and lots of Butter
2-3 pinches of natural sea salt from like a snail darter fish or something
NOTE: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD OIL BE ADDED AT ANY TIME”¦ESPECIALLY PATCHOULI”¦BIRDS ARE OILY ENOUGH AS IT IS.
1. Boil water and bullion cubes in largest pot you have on hand.
2. After bringing water to a boil, drop in Spotted Owl, Marbled Murrelet and Snowy Plover(s).
3. Cover large pot with the appropriate lid very quickly.
4. Turn heat to HIGH and boil for 60 minutes. (Make sure lid is securely fastened).
5. Chop vegetables.
6. Open lid partially and very slowly add vegetables.
7. Continue to boil for 30 minutes.
8. Prepare rice or whatever according to package instructions.
9. Serve immediately over rice or whatever with butter”¦ lots and lots of butter”¦
10. Salt to taste and enjoy!
Helpful Hints: If any bird escapes while cooking, exercise your right to bare arms and shoot it.
For extra protein, 2 or 3 Tree Voles may be added “¦ but should never be used as a substitute.