Taxpayers Association of Oregon
Both Biden and Trump broke records.
• Biden won more votes than any President in history at 75 million
• Trump won the second most votes in any Presidential candidate at 71 million, besting Obama’s (69M/65M)
Minority voter success/flops
• Trump won the biggest share of the minority vote of a Republican candidate since 1960.
• Of 26 black Republican Congressional candidates, only two won
Spending vs results don’t match
• Democrats outspent Republicans in total all-races spending by $3 billion ($6.9 billion to $3.8 billion).
• Democrats picked only one Senate seat despite some projections like FiveThirtyEight which speculated a possible 13 Senate seat pick-up by Democrats. .
• Republicans gained 6-10 seats despite The Cook Report projecting a 15 seat Democrat House seat pick-up.
• By comparison, Democrats picked up 41 House seats just two years ago.
• Trump approval stood at 46% compared to Obama’s 52% at the same first-term juncture of the week of the election.
• Yet, at the same time 56% said they were better off today than four years ago under Trump, whereas 45% said the same under Obama.
— Spread the word! Facebook Like, Tweet, Link and Email this very article.