New Response Video Outlines Oregon as Biden’s America in Action
Portland, Ore. —April 21, 2022 — Republican outsider candidate for Oregon Governor, Bridget Barton, released the Republican response to President Biden’s first visit to Oregon.
The response gives Americans a glimpse into Biden’s America in Action, including a laundry list of the fallout from failed leftist policies that Oregonians have suffered under.
The results include:
- Oregonians pay more for gas than Americans in 45 other states. [Source: AAA: https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/]
- Oregon schools are ranked 46th out of 50th states. [Source: American Legislative Exchange Council: https://www.alecreportcard.org/state/or/]
- Oregon ranks first in America for meth and opioid drug abuse and last in treatment. [Source: Oregon Public Broadcasting: https://www.opb.org/article/2022/02/03/oregon-had-second-highest-addiction-rates-in-the-nation-in-2020/]
- In Portland, renters experienced the highest rent increases in America. [Source: Portland Business Journal: https://www.kgw.com/article/money/business/worst-cities-for-renters-portland-oregon/283-10ea48bd-1e25-4b4e-bab1-a95cf9c0df44]
- Oregon has more homeless people living on our streets than every state except California. [Source: Oregon Public Broadcasting: https://www.opb.org/article/2021/03/19/federal-analysis-shows-oregons-homeless-population-in-decline-prior-to-pandemic/]
- As of March 31 this year, Portland has had 4.3 shootings per day. [Source: Portland Police Bureau: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/81203]
“While the President is in Oregon for his short visit, I hope realizes that this is his America in Action,” says Barton. “The leftists and their progressive ideological policies have nearly destroyed our beautiful state. As Governor I will stop this leftist assault on Oregon and if we can save Oregon–we can save America, too.”