By Taxpayers Association of Oregon
1. Drazan and Kotek take Governor spots. The Republican Primary for Governor shows Christine Drazan at 24%, with next rival Bob Terinan at 19% and Mayor Stan Pulliam at 9%. The Democrat Primary showed Kotek leading with 54% and State Treasurer Tobias Read at 33%.
2. Rare run-off in Labor race. The Bureau of Labor and Industries candidates failed to garner a 50% of the vote which means it will be a General Election run-off between Democrat favorite Christina Stephenson (48% vote) and former Republican lawmaker Cheri Helt (21% of vote).
3. Rep. Schrader losing his own Primary. Incumbent Congressman (#5) is losing his seat to Democrat challenger Jamie Mcleod-Skinner. Skinner at 60%, Schrader at 36%.
4. 2 of 3 Greater Idaho County Measures fail. On the local ballot were measures to move counties towards secession by joining Idaho. Klamath County Voters said yes (56% YES ) but two counties said no, Douglas County (57% NO) and Josephine (54% NO).
5. Big judge battle ends with Ortega win, Day losing. Darleen Ortega won by 64% against former judge Vance Day who was known for being persecuted for being a conservative as judge.
6. Tight US Senate race. On Republican candidates to challenge Ron Wyden, Jo Rae Perkins leads with 32% to Darin Harbick’s 30%.
7. Portland’s Queen of Defund police fails to get majority, heads for run-off. The Portland Commissioner famous for leading the campaign to defund Portland Police by $12million is leading with 39%. The next two challengers (Mozyrsky, Gonzales) are around 25%, whichever leads will face Jo Ann in the General election.
8. Congress 6 results. On the Democrat Primary side, State Representative Andrea Salinas is leading with 28%. In a surprise, outsider candidate Carrick Flynn who helped attract over $12 million in his race, came in second with 19%. In the Republican Primary, Mike Erickson took the lead with 34%. Grassroots superstar Amy Ryan Courser took second with 19% and Representative Ron Noble took third with 15%.
9. Miscellaneous Congress races: On the Republican Primary side for Congress #5 (currently held by Congressman Kurt Schrader) . Lori Chavez DeRemer leads with 41%, Jimmy Crumpacker 30%, John DiPaola at 15%. In Congress #5 (Currently held by retiring Peter DeFazio), Labor Commissioner Val Hoyle scored 64% on the Democrat side. In the Republican Primary Alex Skarlatos easily won 98%.
10. Two Liberal soft-on-crime District Attorney challenges losing. In Washington County tough-on-crime and law enforcement backed Kevin Barton won re-election from a tough challenger, Brian Decker. In Marion County District Attorney, current DA and law enforcement backed Paige Clarkson is winning by 53% over Spencer Todd 46%. Both liberal candidates received big donations from a donor who is working to legalize prostitution.
— Was this article helpful? If so, please contribute online at OregonWatchdog.com (learn about a Charitable Tax Deduction or Political Tax Credit options to promote liberty).