Special update from the Oregon Catalyst team,
Oregon Catalyst published 921 articles in the election (press releases, video ads, polls, charts,) by dozens of different authors and organizations.
Some key facts:
• We were often the * ONLY * place that some candidates could post their press releases and be seen.
• We broke news stories before the media did.
• We featured professional stories exposing liberal candidates, stories that the media ignored, stories that can only be found on our site.
• Anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 visit our site everyday.
• A record breaking number of candidates ran for many open seats causing over-crowded primaries. We did not censor candidates but rather tried our best to give as much space to their voice as possible. Some other sites like to pick the Primary winners and losers for you and tell you how to think. Because our site has a big audience of all kinds (conservatives, libertarians, moderates, populists, independents) we try to focus on the news and not being your parent.
• At 921 election articles, we produced a lot of content in a time where original content is scarce and media outlets are being hollowed out.
• We kept it positive and many times downright funny.
That is our (self-boastful) opinion, what is your opinion?
What can we do better next election?
What did you appreciate the most?
What didn’t work?
Finally, are you a writer who would like to join our team and be seen by our 1,000 to 5,000 people? Join our family?
If so, email us below with your thoughts:
The Power of sharing: If you appreciate this site, which has been around since 2005, then please consider sharing it with others. You are the most influential person to reach your friends and introduce them to our site, sign them up for our 3x week email newsletter (right hand margin), or get them to do a single Facebook Like so Facebook can know they are interested in our original content. We rely a lot on volunteers to make this site successful, so please help us out.
Also visit our partner site OregonWatchdog.com. This site every single morning, scans 25 Oregon media sites and pulls out the best local political headlines and arranges them in a top 15 list so you can scan all the important news in just 60 seconds. 60 seconds! After just a few days of using this site you will be amazed at how many Oregon political stories you didn’t know happened because it wasn’t being picked up by your chosen media outlets. Once you know how many stories are being left out, you will never leave OregonWatchdog again. OregonWatchdog has a daily email headline re-cap and a weekly email news re-cap option. You can get their headline links right in your email box.
If you have read this far you it means you are curious. Give in to your curiosity and temptation and send us your thoughts and join our team.