by NW Spotlight
Despite being in the majority, Oregon House Democrats are in disarray
- Speaker Kotek had been bragging publicly: I have the votes for a tax increase!
- But when HB 2456 came to the floor—within seconds, the Dems called for a recess.
- When the Dems emerged from the recess, a minority report from Rep. Vicki Berger (R-Salem) was adopted unanimously!
- Speaker Kotek’s tax increase vote never materialized.
There are other signs of disarray from House Democrats:
Haste makes waste
- Dems have been rushing bills through the process-in such a hurry to raise taxes on job creators, and not doing their due diligence
- Dems have been pushing anti-business bills with big fiscal impacts and costs to taxpayers, Republicans have been beating back bad bills
These bills were all on the fast track to passage, but are now being kicked back to committee:
Six bills referred back to the Rules Committee
- HB 2748
- HB 3174
- HB 2960
- HB 3142
- HB 3307
Two referred to Ways and Means
- HB 2743
- HB 3403
One referred to Judiciary
- SB 124
Held over to Thursday
- HB 2662