*** Senate Vote any day now *** Respond immediately.
By Taxpayer Association of Oregon
1. HB 3427 taxes revenue and gross receipts (not profits) which means it hurts businesses that are not making a profit. Total tax will bring in $2 billion in new higher taxes.
2. HB 3427 hurts businesses the greatest during a recession when entire industries go through a season of negative profits.
3. HB 3427 creates double taxation and triple taxation of the same product as it moves from business to business.
4. HB 3427 is gutted with exemptions. Some of Oregon’s largest businesses will have 99% to 100% of their revenue exempt from this tax for a handful of different reasons. As a result, many businesses will pay more to make up for those that will pay nothing.
5. Oregon is already the 4th biggest, fattest government state per capita
6. HB 3427 would make this the 4th Legislative Session in just the last 10 years where a billion dollars in new taxes, on average, have been passed.
7. HB 3427 was ramrodded with less public input and transparency than ordinary bills. HB 3427 lacked full and proper public hearings in each individual chamber, blocked minority reports so no alternative ideas could be offered and rushed massive amendments with less than 40 hours making it impossible for lawmakers to gather official data and impact of what they were being asked to vote on.
TELL YOUR STATE SENTAOR TO VOTE NO ON HB 3427
#1. Call your lawmaker toll-free 1-800-332-2313
1. Tell the Capitol operator (Officially they’re called Legislative Policy & Research staff) that you wish to speak to your State Senator.
2. Provide the operator the name of your State Senator. If you don’t know, provide the operator with your address so
the operator can look up your address to determine who your State Representative is.
3. Once the operator connects you to your State Senator’s office, tell them to vote NO on HB 3427
#2. Email your lawmaker
1. Go to www.OregonLegislature.gov
2. Click the “Senate” tab at the top left. Then click “All Senators”
3. Find your Senator’s name. Find their email and send them an email to vote No on HB 3427.
Don’t know your State Senator? Call the Capitol 1-800-322-2313 and ask for help. They’re very helpful.
#3. Spread the word
— Thanks to social media it costs you nothing and it helps us reach over 40,000 Oregonians. Please email this article, Tweet it, Link it, Facebook Like it and print it out.
— We’ve been fighting for you and lower taxes for 20 years. Please donate here.