By Taxpayers Association of Oregon
The Oregonian examined former (now resigned) Secretary of State Shemia Fagan’s travel schedule for the past 6 months.
The Oregonian found 5 of the past 6 months involved long distance out-of-state travel for Fagan who was working three jobs at the time (Oregon Secretary of State, Willamette Law professor, $10,000/month marijuana consultant):
• Nov. 28, 2022, – New Orleans, National Lieutenant Governors Association.
• Dec. 6, 2022, – Washington DC, Hunt Institute leadership event.
• Jan, 2023 – no travel.
• Feb 4, 2022 – Texas A&M University, lecture students about voting rights.
• March 20, 2022 – Washington, D.C. , Democratic Lieutenant Governors Association.
• April 9, 2022 – Washington, D.C. ,White House Easter egg roll.
Elected officials are allowed official State travel, but with the purpose of serving their roles.
Was this helpful? If yes, please contribute at OregonWatchdog.com (learn about a Charitable Tax Deduction or Political Tax Credit options to promote liberty).