Taxpayers Association of Oregon
The whiplash-fast and contentious one-Special Session has concluded. In one day the Legislature reassigned and readjusted nearly a billion dollars in tax funds in response to sinking tax revenue.
The plan to save $200 million by freezing government raises and freezing double digit pay increases was scrapped.
To put it in perspective…
– Government employees bonuses were protected while Oregon suffered the nation’s 5th worst job loss (per-capita) from the COVID-19 crisis.
– Government raises and bonuses were protected on the same day it was announced that Oregon’s manufacturer, Precision Castparts, announced 10,000 layoffs.
– Government employees bonuses were protected while Oregon’s private health care workers saw as much as 50% pay cuts!!! As well as slashed hours and layoffs.
– Government employees bonuses were protected while Oregon private sector jobs saw the worst decline since the Great Depression.
– Government employees bonuses were protected while the same government gave the public multiple state agency meltdown’s — nearly 50% of jobless benefits stalled with system crash, tens of thousands of DMV appointments botched with their own system crash and the Education Dept.’. mishap in trying hinder online public charter schools while they were working.
Spread the word! Facebook Like, Tweet, Link and Email this very article.