Taxpayers Association of Oregon
Last week we reported a big growing list of opposition groups to Governor Kate Brown’s lockdown, and this week we had to issue a new list because of all the growing opposition.
• Beaverton’s Invictus Defense Academy gym has allowed customers to “peacefully protest” against the lockdown by working out inside the gym as a form of protest. The owner Chris Green told KOIN-TV , “I understand this is in the interest of health, But again, there’s a reasonableness standard. And again, what you’re doing is intentionally and recklessly crashing our economy.”
• The Oregon Chamber of Commerce has issued a striking statewide call to rescind the lockdown. They issued a list of fixes including; for an immediate re-opening of all businesses, A $75 million Hospitality Relief fund, a freeze on all new taxes and fees, and more. Read more here.
• Klamath Falls restaurant, Casey’s, has remained open during the lockdown calling it a peaceful protest. They received a red notice from OHSA.
• Protesters gathered outside Umatilla Courthouse on Dec 2nd to oppose the lockdown and call for re-opening businesses
• Bend voters held a rally against the lockdown, and it became national news when a public school teacher hurled insults at the protesters.
• House Republican Leader Christine Drazan pens Oregonian letter asking for a return to in-person learning and limits to the Governor’s abuse of emergency powers.
• Roughly 19 Central Oregon leaders wrote a letter urging Gov. brown to re-open schools
If we missed anyone, please email us at [email protected]<dot>com
— Spread the word! Facebook Like, Tweet, Link and Email this very article.