By Taxpayers Association of Oregon
Oregon Governor Tina Kotek and Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum teamed up with gun control political activist group Moms Demand Action yesterday to announce a big agenda of gun control bills and projects.
The gun control agenda includes:
– HB 2005: Banning the sale of self-made firearms
– HB 2006: Raising the age of rifles from 18 to 21
– HB 2007: Allow local governments to ban concealed carry on public property and nearby to property.
– HB 3060: Oregon income tax credit to buy gun safe/lock
– $750,000 to hire more prosecutors to focus just on gun crimes
The gun control activist group, Moms Demand Action, vowed at the press conference, “Oregon has become a national leader in the fight to end gun violence. Now, alongside our gun sense leaders, we’re building on that progress…“
It is unclear how effective many of these measures will be if Oregon continues to release 1,000 criminals early on the streets (as Gov. Brown has) and not prosecute criminals for thousands of crimes as local District Attorneys have done. Or how the media’s pledge to stop reporting certain crimes, stop publicizing mug shots and start erasing old crime stories (to protect the criminal) will help reduce crime.