By Oregon Campaign Watch,
House Speaker Dan Rayfield announced will run for attorney general in 2024 as outgoing Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum has made public that she is retiring.
On the Republican Primary side, Will Lathrop, is the leading challenger as he has raised over $200,000 so far. Lathrop is a former prosecutor in Marion and Polk counties.
Rayfeild’s press announcement came with a list of priorities he would do if elected:
• Working with local law enforcement and criminal justice reform advocates to make our communities safer.
• Protecting our environment and health by holding polluters accountable.
• Enforcing our ethics laws and holding public officials to the highest standards.
• Keeping families and seniors safe from predatory lenders, corporations and insurance companies.
• Ensuring that all Oregonians maintain their rights to reproductive freedom.
• Working to curb gun violence in our communities and our schools.