By Oregon Moms Union,
Salem, Ore., – On Friday September 16 and Saturday September 17, The Oregon Moms Union will be hosting their First Annual Parents Matter Summit, a two-day educational event with prominent school choice and parental rights advocates including Rebecca Freidrichs, Dr. Carol Swain, Lance Izumi, Corey DeAngelis, Marcus Brandon, and Mark Siegel.
“We are so proud of the progress that Oregon Moms Union has made over the last year and the impact it has made on parents and children throughout the state,” said MacKensey Pulliam, President of the Oregon Mom’s Union. “This event is a testament to how much progress we have made through our grassroots efforts in the school choice and parents’ rights movement in a state that is severely lacking in academic performance in the public school system. Parents are waking up to the problems associated with our public schools’ curriculum and are looking for solutions, especially since the COVID-19 pandemic.”
“The Parents Matter Summit is going to be a critically important event that will shed light on the issues that are students continue to face and the solutions we can adapt to initiate the change we need to positively shape our children’s future.” Pulliam added.
The two-day event will consist of:
• A Viewing of “Who’s Children Are They” with creator Rebecca Friedrichs
• An education panel with nationwide education experts
• Special breakout sessions for future school board members and School District Captains
• Strategy sessions focused on special education, parental rights, private schools, and homeschooling
• Dinner Gala on Saturday Night with a special Keynote Speaker Dr. Carol Swain and Corey DeAngelis
Members of the press interested in attending can sign up using this form:
For more information on the Parents Matter Summit, please visit: